Monday, October 18, 2010

October 6. Goodbye to good friends






Today was my last day of work with WiLDAF Ghana. As much as I am hugely excited to come home and see family and friends, it was sad to say goodbye to all the friends I'd made in Accra.

In the morning I walked around behind my office and convinced a man pounding fufu to let me have a go for a while. It made for a good photo, I think, but apparently my technique needs work.

Around lunch time, my colleagues at work threw a small party for me, and presented me with several gifts, including a shirt, a beuatiful piece of cloth, and bracelets. Their generosity was touching, and their kind words made it all the more sad to think that I will likely never see most of them again. I will make sure to keep in touch as best I can, and to spread the word in Canada about the good work they and CCI are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment